hhhhhupdate i guess
Hmmm I guess I should probably put some stuff on here once in a while so people don’t think I’m dead. So here’s the News:
- I had spring break, it was pleasant, I planted some hyacinths and my hair expanded in all directions because I forgot how Maryland is made out of humidity (that was less pleasant).
- current project for my painting class is building a robot model who will sit and pose for me and then doing some paintings of it, this is GREAT but terribly confusing at times because my natural tendency is “If I’m going to make a robot I’m going to make it sturdy because I’m not doing a series of paintings of a terrible junk robot” while the professor’s natural tendency is “DUCT TAPE AND COAT HANGERS!”
- totally unrelated drawing project is “make a drawing machine” and I am taking the opportunity to use this link I’ve had bookmarked on my computer for like a year even though I could think of no foreseeable reason to make it.
This is one of those weird things where everything in your life converges in several ways at once, does everybody get those? It happens to me all the time. This time it’s robots converging from all directions of my life, which then somehow converged with the terrible animation project from the beginning of the drawing class, during which I had a discussion with the professor about how walking upright basically involves falling repeatedly and just moving your legs so you don’t actually hit the ground.
- going to Montreal this weekend, which is a little terrifying because of all the things I’m supposed to be doing in the next few weeks, but I think this happened the last time we took this trip too. It’s just a thing that always happens. Best to just shove through it I suppose.
- just finished a terrifying phone interview about another museum internship. Phone interviews are generally bad news because all the carefully cultivated body language things you’ve learned from physical interviews suddenly become totally useless and you’re reduced to just going “oh, okay, uh huh, right, hmm yes” to reassure them that you haven’t just left the phone sitting on the table and gone off to dance in front of the mirror or something. Anyway I’m hoping for good luck since this is the same place I worked over the winter break (the interviewer thought we might have met in an elevator but neither of us could really remember), and I’d really like to find something useful to do near home so that maybe eventually a person will give me an actual paying job in the future??
- Also I lost my phone AGAIN, this time I seem to have left it in a taxi but they say they haven’t found it. Sometimes I call it and it rings and rings but nobody ever answers it. Mysteries. The worst mysteries.
- WHUP, EDIT: another interview tomorrow morning! This is promising, especially because last summer when I applied for these things they all just ignored me for a month and then eventually told me I didn’t get anything. So stuff’s moving along!